Friday, August 24, 2012

Guest Post: Andrea Wilson, CEO of DopeAzzHeels




If you didn't know, creativity, entrepreneurship, and rebelliousness runs in my family.  My sister, hence the same last name, designs footwear (samples of her work featured above).  She can take the simplest pair of heels or sneakers and add her magic to them.  Amazingly, she has built contacts and relationships with reality television stars from Bad Girls Club featured on the Oxygen network and various artists.  I asked her to inform my readers how she did it.  Enjoy!  Sis, take it away.


Before I started my own business I attended school full-time and I worked full-time. I remember sitting in class not being happy with where my life was headed and seeing that I have always had a love for fashion and art, I decided to start my own business. Traditionally, as a child you are taught after high school you go to college. Although I did not want to disappoint my parents, I knew I would be happy waking up the rest of my life with a fashion based career. Faith played a huge part in this decision. Society stresses to everyone you must have a college degree. I took the nontraditional route, instead of listening to society I took a leap of faith and God caught me. To everyone following their passions, I just stress to pray and never give up. At that moment you feel yourself giving up could be the moment you hit the big break you have always wanted. When chasing your dreams, you have to give it your all, 100 % dedication and surround yourself with positive people that will push you to the next level and eliminate those that don’t! 

How can people reach you for shoe orders?

My email where people can send custom shoe requests is Dopeazzheels@gmail.com.

Then I have a big cartel site that's under construction at

http//www.StilettoMonroe.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment